Philotic Theory

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Refugee

Imagine, if you will, a lake. You are standing 10 feet from the shore, feet surrounded by damp grass, bent in every direction from a dozen barefeet. Looking towards the horizon, past the southwestern end of the water's edge, you see the Rocky Mountains rise up to relfect the the first kiss of then sun. Breathe in the crisp air deeply. In through the nose, out through the mouth. Repeat. Feel the energy surge through your body. Morning has broken and this is your first day.

I am a refugee. I am free!

In less than two weeks, I will drive across the California border and not look back. The wide open spaces of the Front Range of Colorado are my new home. This exodus, if you will, has been a dream too long stifled and the anticipation of it coming true is giving me great cause for joy.

1 Comments:

  • I can only hope, pray and dream that I too, will leave the utter drudgery of the hell-hole we call LaLaLand, City of Angels, Tinseltown...ok, it doesn't even deserve the attention of pseudonyms. I'm so stoked for you and your fam, J-man. God is good. Enjoy the clean air.

    By Blogger Marcel, at 5:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home